Online Student Registration
All student registration is now done online through Aspen, Monomoy’s Student Information System. This includes enrollment for preschool, Kindergarten, and any students new to the district. If you do not reside in Chatham or Harwich, you must apply as a School Choice student, click here for information. Students entering Kindergarten must be age 5 before September 1 of the school year during which they wish to enroll. Initial admission of children to the first grade (or other grades) will involve a consideration of both chronological age and the readiness of the children to do the work of those grades. Please read all of the instructions (and watch the instructional videos below) prior to clicking on the Register Here button.
Monomoy Kindergarten Registration for the 2023-2024 school year will be open from March 6, 2023, through March 20, 2023.
Online Registration Instructions
These steps must be done using a computer or Chromebook. It will not work on a phone or mobile device.
1. If you are new to the district, you must request an Aspen Family Portal Account − Look for Request an account on the Aspen login screen
Click here to watch a video with step-by-step instructions on requesting an Aspen account (for families new to the district)
2. Register your child online through Aspen − After you have logged in, click on the Initiate button to begin registering your student
Click here to watch a video with step-by-step instructions on registering your student using our online portal
If you have any problems with the online registration system, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and your question will be directed to the proper party.
Required Forms for Registration
Students registering for Kindergarten at Chatham Elementary School or Harwich Elementary School or any students new to the district must complete the online registration and submit the forms listed below. Please have these forms available as PDFs or photos on your computer prior to starting the online registration process.
If you do not reside in Chatham or Harwich, you must apply as a School Choice student, click here for information.
This form will end with a section where you will upload copies of the required forms and documents. Please have the following documents ready to submit as PDFs or photos:
- Copy of student’s Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency: Preferred -- Mortgage Statement or Deed, Lease Agreement, or Property Tax Bill; also accepted -- Purchase and Sales, Utility Bill, Notarized letter from Landlord
- If applicable, court-ordered child custody
- 5 DTP/DTaP (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis)
- 4 IPV (Polio)
- 2 MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Varicella (Chicken Pox) or physician documentation of disease
- Lead Screen
- Physical Exam: Within 6 months of Kindergarten entry. If your health insurance mandates 12 months between exams, and your child is not due until after school starts, please bring a copy of the last physical exam to let the nurse know the date of your child’s next physical.
- Vision Screening: Within 1 year prior to Kindergarten entry provided by your Primary Healthcare Provider or Eye Care Provider, including a screen for stereopsis
Kindergarten families: If you are unable to submit these forms as PDFs or photos, please bring them to CES or HES on Monday, March 20, 2023, from 5 to 7 p.m. or Tuesday, March 21, 2023, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Students who are considered homeless under the McKinney-Vento Act may not have to provide some of the required documents. Please call the school if you believe your student(s) qualify and it is impossible for you to provide the required proofs. Staff will work with you, and if necessary, recommend a letter of appeal to the Superintendent.
Other forms that you will need to complete include:
- MRSD Health History form (and over-the-counter medication form)
- Prescription medication form
- MRSD Authorization to self carry/administer medicine form
- Release of records (from previous school)
As part of the registration process, you will be asked about your student’s transportation needs. You will need to indicate whether your student will be riding the bus, and what address will be used for bus pickup and drop-off.
The next step is for the school to review and accept the registration.
You will receive email notifications when your registration has been received and when it has been accepted.
You will be contacted by the school to set up an appointment to complete the registration process and give you information about your student’s first day.
Welcome to Monomoy!