Welcome to Monomoy Regional School District!
Monomoy Regional School District is a community of learners of all ages focused on building knowledge, positive character, and resiliency in a safe, supportive, creative, and challenging environment.
The district encompasses the towns of Chatham and Harwich on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. The schools in our district are Chatham Elementary School, Harwich Elementary School, Monomoy Regional Middle School (located in Chatham) and Monomoy Regional High School (located in Harwich).
We are proud of our excellent students and staff and remain committed to the pursuit of even greater excellence.
Monomoy Regional School District Report Card
Each year the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) produces a “Report Card” for all school districts across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Each district’s report card provides the public with information about the qualifications of the teachers working in the district, the student demographics of the district, recent assessment information (MCAS), the types of academic programs offered, information on school spending and much more. For any families looking to access this year’s report card for the Monomoy Regional School District, please follow the link below.
In our review of our report card we have identified the following areas of strength:
- Approaching 90% of Monomoy freshman passed all courses in grade 9, a strong indicator of high school graduation success.
- A high percentage of our students complete the rigorous MassCore program in preparation for graduation, significantly above the state average (91.2% for Monomoy and 81.4% for MA)
- Our district continues to make steady progress on most of the State’s accountability measures
- The percent of students in grades 3-8 receiving that either met or exceeded expectations on the MCAS increased for the third year in a row.
- Post-secondary enrollment of Monomoy graduates in 2 or 4 year institutions rose for the third year in a row as well.
At both the district and school level, we will continue to look at the data provided to us by the state as well as our own internal information to determine areas in need of improvement and to develop plans that address those needs.
Additionally, because CES and HES receive Title I funds, parents there have the right to request the following information about their child’s teacher:
- Whether your child’s teacher is licensed in the grade levels and subject they teach
- Whether your child’s teacher is teaching under an emergency license or waiver
- The college degree and major of your child’s teacher
- Whether your child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
Link to Monomoy Regional School District Report Card:
If you have any questions about Monomoy’s report card, please contact Marc J. Smith, Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment.