At Monomoy Regional School District, we strongly believe that our teachers should be supported in their growth as educators. We offer a robust program of Professional Development in a variety of formats.
Learning from Teachers Across the State
- Campuses Without Walls - Allows teachers to connect with other teachers and classrooms outside their districts and schools by collaborating on a curricular unit. CWW was developed in partnership with Boston Public Schools and consists of courses led by licensed Massachusetts teachers. It is free to partner teachers with the aim of improving educational equity by breaking down barriers between schools.
Options for 15 PDP ELL Requirement for Licensure:
- Annual Course offered in-district at no cost to teachers - see PD calendar and Smart Edu
- Free WIDA courses sponsored by DESE - These are a mix of self-paced courses, synchronous webinars, and face-to-face meetings, etc. to meet different learning needs.
- Asynchronous micro-courses offered through the English Learner Portal - $75 for 5 PDP's (bundle 3 together for a discounted rate of $215). A one graduate credit option is available through UMass Global as well.
Options for 15 PDP Educating Students with Disabilities and Students with Divers Learning Styles Requirement for Licensure:
- Annual Course offered by Melissa Maguire each year - see PD calendar and Smart Edu
- DESE free asynchronous course entitled Foundations for Inclusive Practice (teachers) or Foundations for Inclusive Practice (Administrators)
Adding outside courses to SmartEDU:
- Educators can add courses taken outside of Monomoy to their SmartEdu account at anytime if they would like to do so as a way of helping with their record keeping.
- To learn how to do so, please see this video here:
To learn more about the MRSD Professional Development Program, contact Marc Smith, Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment, at email@example.com.