Process for home/hospital tutoring:
1. Contact your child's school and notify them that your child will be absent for a period longer than 14-days.
2. Download the Physician’s Affirmation of Need for Temporary Home or Hospital Education for Medically Necessary Reasons and have the physician complete the form in its entirety and return to your childs school.
3. Complete the Home/Hospital Tutoring - Student and Parent Responsibility and return with the Physician's Affirmation of Need for Temporary Home or Hospital Education for Medically Neccessary Reasons.
4. Once the guidance counselor receives the forms, they will assign a tutor for the subjects that have been identified.
5. Tutoring will be provided for only core subjects (Math, ELA, Science, History) as appropriate.
6. Tutors are expected to contact parents upon assignment to work out a schedule and meeting place. Tutors will arrange a mutual meeting time and place, preferably at a public venue-not in the student’s house. (Library, Community Center). If instruction is to take place in the home, a mutually convenient time will be scheduled where an adult will be present in the home.
7. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your childs guidance counselor.
Question and Answer Guide on the Implementation of Educational Services in the Home or Hospital 603 CMR 28.03(3)(c) and 28.04