To become a Substitute in the Monomoy Regional School District:
1) Fill out the SUBSTITUTE APPLICATION and mail or drop it by to the Human Resources/Superintendent’s Office, Monomoy Regional School District, 425 Crowell Road, 2nd floor, Chatham. Please specify which levels you would like to substitute at: Elementary School, Middle School or High School.
2) You will be contacted by the Human Resources Coordinator to schedule an orientation meeting, located at MRMS, 425 Crowell Rd, Chatham, MA 02633.
*February - June, by appointment.
3) When attending orientation, bring two forms of identification, such as driver’s license, social security card, birth certificate or passport. At Orientation you will:
a. Receive information about being a substitute including a handbook
b. Review expectations and common questions
c. Complete payroll paperwork.
4) All substitutes must complete a CORI background check and Fingerprinting background checks. There is a $35 fee to complete the Fingerprinting. If you have completed a fingerprinting check with another school district, you do not have to do it again. You do not have to wait until orientation to complete your Fingerprinting, please follow these instructions.
5) Once your CORI and Fingerprinting are approved and payroll paperwork complete, you will receive your login instructions for www.substituteonline.com from Human Resources.
6) Log in to Substitute Online and fill out your personal preferences data.
7) Log in at night or first thing in the morning to check available sub opportunities.
When reporting to a sub position, please check in with the school’s administration office staff upon arrival to make sure you receive a visitor’s pass and sign the payroll roster.
2019 - 2020 School Year Rates
Substitute Teachers daily rate - $91.00 per day, $45.50 for ½ day
Substitute Instructional Assistant or Clerical daily rate - $82.88 per day, $41.44 for ½ day
Please contact Ellen Bearse, HR Coordinator at email@example.com or (508) 945-5130 with any questions.