Back to School Info 2023-2024
August 1, 2023
Dear Monomoy Families,
The start of August means school is just a month away! Here is some general information to help you prepare for this school year:
- School Supplies – All basic supplies are provided by the district. If there are any special items that are needed for a specific class or teacher, that information will be shared after school begins. If obtaining supplies is ever a challenge, please contact your student’s teacher or school for assistance.
- School Meals – The Massachusetts state budget currently has funding included for universal free school meals for all students, however, the final budget has not yet been signed by the governor. We will update you as soon as we have confirmation of the status of school meals for this year.
- Bus Routes – Bus routes should be released by mid-August. Once they are available, updated routes for 2023-2024 can be found on our website at https://www.monomoy.edu/busroutes. Families will be notified as soon as the new routes are posted.
- Class Schedules/Teacher Assignments – Kindergarten families will be notified of their students’ teacher in the coming weeks, if they haven't already. Students in Grades 1-4 were notified of their teacher for 2023-2024 in June. Middle and high school students will find their schedules available in Aspen in mid- to late August.
- Daily Schedules –
CES/HES 7:45 am to 2:15 pm
MRMS/MRHS 8:45 am to 3:15 pm
Early Release Wednesday dismissal times for Parent Pickup: CES - 1:30 p.m.; HES - 1:20 p.m.; MRMS - 2:20 p.m.; MRHS - 2:35 p.m. Buses will arrive 40-45 minutes earlier than usual.
- Athletics – MRHS and MRMS students must sign up for fall sports on Family ID at https://www.familyid.com. Meet the Fall Coaches Night for MRHS is August 14 at 6 p.m. Meet the Fall Coaches Night for MRMS is September 6 at 6 p.m.
- Communication – As school approaches, we will send out messages with important information via email, so please try to check periodically. We also encourage you to follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/monomoyregion), Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/monomoyschools), and Twitter (https://twitter.com/MonomoySchools) for updates.
- Resources – Remember that all Monomoy families have access to the educational resources offered by Woodburn Press, including information on academic skills, transitions, and more. Find those resources at https://www.monomoy.edu/Page/5014.
If you have any questions not answered here, please contact your student’s school. Note that summer hours are still in effect for front office staff in each building, so you may need to leave a message. The Central Office is staffed all summer, so if it is an urgent matter, please call (508) 945-5130.
- Chatham Elementary School: (508) 945-5135
- Harwich Elementary School: (508) 430-7216
- Monomoy Regional Middle School: (508) 945-5140
- Monomoy Regional High School: (508) 430-7200