The Monomoy Regional School District social media accounts are provided for the school community by MRSD. The intent is to create additional means for the district to share photos and videos of school happenings, announce events, spread news, and highlight student and staff achievement. In times of inclement weather that necessitate school closing or other school-related emergencies, our social media accounts and website will be updated in conjunction with alerting families directly and via local media. We may occasionally respond to questions of general interest on our social media accounts. However, if you have a specific question, we ask that you contact the school principal. This contact information can be found on the District website (www.monomoy.edu
As a reminder, the Monomoy Regional School District social media accounts are for a public school district and thus educational in their focus. All comments posted on these accounts are at the discretion of the page administrators. Naming specific employees or students in a negative way will not be allowed.
We welcome your thoughts and comments and look forward to what you have to say. However, we will hide or delete comments or posts that:
- Contain abusive, discriminatory or inappropriate language or statements. This includes remarks that contain obscenities or are sexually explicit.
- Easily identify students and/or staff in defamatory, abusive, or generally negative terms. If you disagree with the content, we ask that you refrain from personal attacks or being disrespectful of others.
- Do not show proper consideration for others’ privacy or are considered likely to offend or provoke others – i.e., don’t pick fights or goad others into inflammatory debates. Malicious intent and or participation not in the spirit of civil conversation will be excluded.
- Are Off Topic. We will exclude comments not related to the subject of the conversation. If you have a question to ask on a different topic, please contact us via email. It is always best to start with the person most involved with your topic (classroom teacher, building principal, etc.).
- Are spam – i.e., repeatedly posting the same comment or comments and/or those that are simply advertising/promoting a service or product.
- Break the law or encourage others to do so. This includes respecting copyright and fair use laws. If you are talking about somebody else’s work, reference this or the person, and where possible include a link.
The page administrators reserve the right, but are not obligated, to post or remove any comments at any time, for any reason. Repeat offenders will be blocked from posting. If you have feedback or would like to report an inappropriate comment for us to review, send an email to email@example.com
. Each platform has a mechanism for users to report posts or comments when they find abusive or inappropriate content.
All statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly those of the commenter alone, and do not constitute an official position of the Monomoy Regional School District unless they are posted by the original author (who is an authorized representative of the District) or by a subject matter expert responding on behalf of the District. School Committee members are respectfully requested not to respond on this page in order to comply with the state's Open Meeting Law.
Thank you for supporting and engaging with Monomoy Regional School District!