Grade 8 Summer Reading 2020
Read to enjoy. Read to travel. Read to eavesdrop. Read to remember. Read to hear the music of new and old voices. Read.
Please select one book to read this summer that you have not read before. This should be at an appropriate reading level for you.Select this for yourself. You may take suggestions, but the final decision is yours. Bring to school in September the answers for the following ten questions. The ten questions are self-explanatory, but try not to be too brief in your responses. None of these is a simple yes or no question. These will be your first grade of the year - plan to start off right!
Summer Reading Questions to answer for your book:
1. Reread the first paragraph of chapter one. What’s in it that made you read on?
2. What would this story be like if the main character were of the opposite sex?
3. If you were to film this story, what characters would you eliminate if you couldn’t use them all?
4. Would you film this story in black and white, color, or a combination?
5. Why is the story set where it is (not what is the setting)?
6. How is the main character different from you?
7. What is one thing in this story that has happened to you?
8. Why or why not would this story make a good TV series?
9. If you had to design a new cover for this book, what would it look like?
10. What does the title tell you about the book? Does it tell the truth?