Free Meals for Children
While schools are closed for an indefinite period due to the COVID-19 virus, the Monomoy Regional School District Food Services Department will be offering a free meal program in order to provide both free breakfast and lunch to all students. This program is being offered for children, 21 years of age and under, from any town in our community.
There will be two drive-through locations for the Grab and Go food program. Parents and caregivers may pick up the packaged breakfast and lunch together at either location from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. daily, Monday through Friday. On Fridays, families will receive breaksfasts and lunches for the weekend as well.
- Monomoy Regional Middle School, 425 Crowell Road, Chatham (enter front driveway & retrieve bags that will be labeled breakfast/lunch from cart under main entrance overhang)
- Monomoy Regional High School, 75 Oak St., Harwich (drive around the back of the building and pull up by the community entrance doors)
Beginning Monday April 27, 2020, and operating on Mondays and Thursdays, Monomoy Regional School District will be adding a Sharks on Wheels program to its Grab and Go free meal service. This is a meal delivery program for families residing in Chatham and Harwich who are unable to to travel to one of the Grab and Go sites.
There is a signup form on the district's website that families must complete in order to arrange for delivery of meals. MRSD will not be able to schedule delivery until one form per child is submitted. Families need only submit the form once per child in order to sign up for the delivery program. On Mondays, families will receive three breakfasts and three lunches per child, and on Thursdays, families will receive four breakfasts and four lunches, to cover the weekend. Please note that we are only able to deliver to Chatham and Harwich.
The existing Grab and Go meal program will continue to be available to all families from any town of residence.
The meals are compliant with the USDA School Lunch Guidelines.
If more food is needed for a student or family, or if there are questions about the Monomoy meal program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (508) 237-1781.
- Please click the button above if you are unable to travel to our Grab and Go sites and require delivery.
Please note these upcoming schedule adjustments to our free meals program:
- There will be no Grab and Go meal service on Monday, May 25, due to the Memorial Day holiday. All children will receive four days’ worth of meals at Grab and Go distribution on Friday, May 22.
- There will not be Sharks on Wheels meal deliveries on Monday, May 25; those meals will instead be delivered on Tuesday, May 26. The meal deliveries on Thursday, May 21, will consist of five days’ worth of meals.