Monomoy Volunteer News Jan. 30, 2019
Monomoy Regional School District believes that our volunteers provide priceless resources to our district and add valuable educational experiences for our students. Without the help of volunteers, many worthwhile opportunities would not be possible. We thank our volunteers for giving their time and support to these important activities. Here are some updates on volunteer and community activities happening all across our district:
• In the first semester of the 2018-2019 school year, volunteers gave more than 700 hours of their time to support our students! That translates to an economic value of $17,283!
• We are excited to launch our new Monomoy Lighthouse Leader mentoring program. This initiative matches caring adults from the community with MRSD students to offer support, connections, and growth. Learn more here.
• MRHS National Honor Society students are traveling to MRMS before and after school multiple times a week to offer tutoring to middle school students.
• MRSD has been the grateful recipient of a number of donations from local businesses, organizations, and individuals, ranging from food and backpacks from the Masonic Foundation, to snacks and drinks from Stop & Shop for student events, to art supplies from a local resident. A Monomoy family even donated a keyboard to the MRMS music program!
If you are interested in volunteering in our schools, here are some upcoming opportunities:
• MRHS is seeking parent volunteers to help at the perfect attendance celebration on Wednesday, Feb. 6, from 2-3:15 p.m. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
• The Harwich PTO is looking for parent volunteers to help with the all-school Fun Run on March 1. Please email email@example.com to sign up.
• If you are bilingual (or trilingual!), and would be interested in sharing your skills with our ELL families when periodic informal translation services are needed, you could have a tremendous impact! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
For more details about volunteering in our schools, including the necessary forms and updated volunteer opportunities, please be sure to visit www.monomoy.edu/volunteer.
Joy Jordan, Community Engagement Coordinator
Monomoy Regional School District
email@example.com • (508) 945-5140 x1101