Registration for all children eligible to enter Kindergarten in the fall of 2021 will be held at Chatham Elementary School and Harwich Elementary School on Tuesday, March 2, and Wednesday, March 3, 2021. To obtain a registration packet, you may stop by the school to pick one up or see below to download the forms. Please bring your completed registration packet, as well as the other necessary documents listed below, and place it in the dropbox in the front of the school.
All children who reach the age of 5 before SEPTEMBER 1, 2021, are eligible for enrollment in Kindergarten.
KINDERGARTEN ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: As mandated by Massachusetts state regulations, your child MAY NOT start school without the following:
- 5 DTP/DTaP (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis)
- 4 IPV (Polio)
- 2 MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Varicella (Chicken Pox) or physician documentation of disease
- Lead Screen
- Physical Exam: Within 6 months of Kindergarten entry. If your health insurance mandates 12 months between exams, and your child is not due until after school starts, please bring a copy of the last physical exam to let the nurse know the date of your child’s next physical.
- Vision Screening: Within 1 year prior to Kindergarten entry provided by your Primary Healthcare Provider or Eye Care Provider, including a screen for stereopsis
Your child may not start school if these requirements are not up to date by the first day of school. For permissible exemption, see http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/docs/dph/cdc/immunization/guidelines-vaccine-exclusions-school.pdf.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT A COPY OF EACH OF THESE DOCUMENTS IS INCLUDED WITH YOUR COMPLETED REGISTRATION FORM:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency: A utility bill, lease agreement, water bill, notarized letter of residence that includes street address (if residing with a family member or friend). The family member or friend would have to provide proof of residency with one of the above named documents. We cannot accept a Driver’s License as proof of residency.
- If applicable, court ordered child custody