Registration for all children eligible to enter Kindergarten in the fall of 2019 will be held at Harwich Elementary School and Chatham Elementary School on Tuesday, March 5, and Wednesday, March 6, 2019. Please bring your completed registration packet (see below for the registration form and release form, as well as a list of other necessary doucments).
All children who reach the age of 5 before SEPTEMBER 1, 2019 are eligible for enrollment in Kindergarten.
As the family of an entering kindergarten student, your participation is invaluable. On your scheduled registration day, you will need to come to the school, preferably without your child, to register. Please remember to bring your completed packet.
The schedule for registration is as follows:
• Students whose last name begins with (A-M): Tuesday, March 5, anytime between 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at Harwich Elementary / 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. at Chatham Elementary
• Students whose last name begins with (N-Z): Wednesday, March 6, anytime between 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at Harwich Elementary / 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. at Chatham Elementary
KINDERGARTEN ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: As mandated by Massachusetts state regulations, your child MAY NOT start school without the following:
- 5 DTP/DTaP (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis)
- 4 IPV (Polio)
- 2 MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Varicella (Chicken Pox) or physician documentation of disease
- Lead Screen
- Physical Exam: Within 6 months of Kindergarten entry
If your health insurance mandates 12 months between exams, and your child is not due until after school starts, please bring a copy of last physical exam to let the nurse know the date of your child’s next physical.
- Vision Screening: Within 1 year prior to Kindergarten entry
Provided by your Primary Healthcare Provider or Eye Care Provider, including a screen for stereopsis
Your child will be excluded from starting school if these requirements are not up to date by the first day of school. For permissible exemption, see http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/docs/dph/cdc/immunization/guidelines-vaccine-exclusions-school.pdf.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency: A utility bill, lease agreement, water bill, notarized letter of residence that includes street address (if residing with a family member or friend). The family member or friend would have to provide proof of residency with one of the above named documents. We cannot accept a Driver’s License as proof of residency.
- If applicable, court ordered child custody
Important Kindergarten Registration Dates to Remember
Tuesday, March 5 - Kindergarten Registration (Students whose last name begins with A-M) - 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Harwich) / 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. (Chatham)
Wednesday, March 6 - Kindergarten Registration (Students whose last name begins with N-Z) - 9:00 a.m.– 1:00 p.m. (Harwich) / 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (Chatham)
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS
MRSD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant based upon race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other class protected by federal, state or local law.