MRHS Library Vision Statement
As an integral part of the educational program, the MRHS Library provides its students and faculty with the resources to support school curricula, information literacy skill development, and reading materials reflecting a variety of reading levels, formats, and cultural backgrounds.
The library strives to:
· Provide equitable access to current resources and materials from multiple perspectives.
· Help students to develop an appreciation for literature in all media forms.
· Challenge our students to use the ever-changing media to locate, evaluate, manage, process, produce, and share information efficiently, effectively, and ethically.
· Foster a culture that encourages reading and learning throughout the school.
· Provide opportunities for students to solve problems in a collaborative environment
· Inspire curiosity and encourage students to think critically and creatively while promoting a growth mindset as they work towards becoming global citizens.
Materials circulate for two weeks and may be renewed once. Students are responsible for the care of library materials that they check out and must pay a replacement cost for lost or damaged items.
Cell phone use for non-academic purposes is prohibited in the library. Unless given permission, students are expected to silence their phone and leave it at the circulation desk.
Students who visit the library must treat the space with respect. Food is not allowed in the library. Students are responsible for straightening up their workspace prior to leaving.
The library is set up to provide areas for quiet study as well small and large group work. It is important that students respect the rights of other visitors to accomplish work.